Water is critical for our everyday lives. We need to drink it, cook with it, wash our body with it, wash everything else with it, plumb our bathrooms with it, and a myriad of other uses. Having clean, accessible water is the mark of an advanced and comfortable society, but did you know that the water you’re drinking from your tap could still have parasites and contaminants even though it has passed through a water treatment facility? It’s true. Depending on where you live in Utah, your water supply can be anywhere along the spectrum of safe and purified culinary water.
One way to get better water is to install a home water filtration system. The benefits of a home water filtration system are many, and today Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating, and Air will help you decide if a home water filtration system could be right for you. The 8 Reasons You Need a Home Water Filtration System are as follows:
- Soft Water. In Utah, we are blessed with fresh mountain water, but the downside is that our water contains lots of metallic compounds such as calcium and magnesium carbonate. This makes our water “hard” and it has lots of drawbacks. A home water filtration system will give you soft water that is easier on plumbing and less likely to leave hard water deposits in your pipes and in your body.
- Tastier Water. One reason people avoid drinking from their tap is that it simply doesn’t taste good due to chlorine and other soluble chemicals. A home water filtration system will help you water taste delicious straight from the tap, without needing to keep a filtered pitcher full in your fridge anytime you need a drink.
- Save Water. Good-tasting water means you’ll be able to fill up your reusable water bottles, canteens, coolers, and any other drink containers rather than purchasing disposable plastic bottles that aren’t all that disposable. Drinking water from your home tap saves thousands of plastic water bottles per year.
- Safe Water. A home filtration system produces water that is completely free of lead, fluoride, chlorine, and other trace chemicals that can make their way through a water treatment cycle. This will prove healthier for your body, your teeth, and your family’s health as a whole.
- Save Money. Once installed, a water filtration system will decrease the amount of maintenance and repair for your plumbing and replace any water filters or water bottles you’ve been purchasing.
- Cleaner Everything. Have you noticed mineral deposits on hardware, or streaks on your glass? Maybe your clothes don’t seem to get completely clean or your soap doesn’t suds up enough. That’s because your water is unfiltered. Filtered water is cleaner, and allows soap and other cleaning solutions to work more effectively.
- Beauty. A home water filtration system is good for your body in more ways than one. It’s healthier for your gut, but it’s also much better for your skin and hair. You’ll notice softer skin, bouncier, cleaner hair, and a marked improvement in skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, and general dryness.
- Targeted Help. A home water filtration system can be selected and catered to your home’s needs. If you just want a better tasting, cleaner drinking water from your kitchen tap you can opt for an activated carbon style filter that mounts under a single sink for one targeted water filter flow. An ion exchange filter can create soft water throughout your entire home. For more aggressively filtered water, a reverse osmosis filter can provide the cleanest possible water.
When you’re ready to explore the possibilities of a home water filtration system, Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating, and Air is ready to help you.